May 12: COVID-19 Update
Dear Gospel Life Church,
First, thank you for being faithful to the Lord and each other during this unique time. We know that you have been ministering to one another and the community. We appreciate your creativity and flexibility in ministry! It truly has been amazing to see some of the doors that the Lord has opened through means no one could have anticipated. We thank you as well for respecting the leadership in our decisions as we navigate ministry in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. This issue is highly politicized and extremely divisive in our culture. Churches have the opportunity to shine through their unity!
Last week, the elders indicated that Gospel Life Church would continue to minister and worship solely online while under the red phase of reopening. On Friday, May 15, Butler county will move out of the red phase and into the yellow phase. We feel that the move to the yellow phase closes the first chapter in our COVID journey of only offering virtual gatherings. In the yellow phase, groups of 25 or less may congregate safely, with certain recommended measures in place. This move allows our ministry to open a new chapter as we move forward.
Starting Sunday, May 24, we will be moving to the second chapter of our reopening as a church. In this chapter, we are excited to be offering three services on Sunday and one service on Thursday evening. (This number may change depending on interest.) On the Thursday evening service, Pastor Dave’s message will be live and recorded for viewing during the Sunday services. During the Sunday services, the congregation will watch the recorded sermon and then follow the message with a short discussion time led by one of the Growth Group leaders. Other service elements will be offered as well (e.g. Scripture reading, prayer, music). These details are still being worked out. The current days/times for assembling is as follows:
Sunday (pre-recorded sermon in sanctuary)
An email will be sent out each Monday evening at 7 p.m. containing a link for where you can sign up for the following week’s services. We would ask that you sign up for one Thursday service every four weeks. To help us get a feel for anticipated demand, please take a moment to fill out this survey (https://forms.gle/ZgTyw7dwiUVmCKQe8) by Friday, May 15.
Social distancing will be maintained during these services, and thorough cleaning will occur after each service. Please take note of the following:
- All persons must enter through the front entrance and exit by the doors next to the piano.
- Seating will be scattered throughout the sanctuary to maintain social distancing. Each family unit should stick together.
- The new family restroom (formerly women’s restroom) and upstairs bathroom will be available for single use only. Cleaning materials will be available in each bathroom for each person to thoroughly clean before each use.
- Masks are recommended and will be made available.
- No bulletins will be provided. All communication will be digital.
- An offering box will be located in the back of the sanctuary for you to drop off your offering.
- Please maintain social distancing while on the property. Avoid hugs and handshakes. Consider that others may not be comfortable with physical contact, even if you are.
- If you feel sick or show any symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
- If you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please maintain CDC recommendations and do not come to a service until recommendations are followed.
- If you are visibly ill, for the safety of others, you will be politely asked to return home.
- No children’s ministry (wee lambs, lightkeepers, etc.) will be initially offered.
- If you are considered at risk or vulnerable, please consider abstaining from joining the services in person.
- Until further notice, all other ministries will remain online.
We understand that many may decide to stay home during this time. We understand and fully respect every person’s decision concerning the timing of their return. We would ask you to continue to honor other people’s decisions without judgment. We will still offer our messages online, and update the website to reflect the new changes.
This is chapter 2 of our reopening. Later this week, the elders will be meeting again to discuss what the subsequent chapters of reopening will look like. We will inform you of those chapters as soon as we have a plan in place.
Please take a moment to watch this message from Pastor Dave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RUDs2NEcC4
Thank you for your prayers and patience as we continue to see what the Lord would have us to do during this time. We love you and miss you all!
Your servants in Christ,
The Elders of Gospel Life Church